Saturday, May 11, 2013

Funny, but so TRUE for most-- not all WEDDINGS!! This is the day I have been dreaming about since I was 6!!! @SingletaryM

So I had to share this with you..it isn't coupon related, but if you know our family-- you know we kind of live by this motto. 

I was radio surfing on Friday morning and stopped on Tom Joyner Morning Show and they had Michelle Singletary talking about weddings-- HILARIOUS!!! You have to know Michelle Singletary (someone who counseled with me once said I sounded just like her-- with the advice I gave them)--that was a compliment to me.

She was talking about how many people will pay so much for a WEDDING-- avg wedding costs is $30K-- and then the average person comes home to an apartment (you know a place you rent and don't own.

She said on average they will tap out parents and family money-- they will charge it on credit and then some of them are divorced before the wedding is even paid OFF!!!

I know this sounds like me, but I tell you it wasn't me.  Then she started talking about how they will go to the gym-- diet and get off all the weight for that DAY and a month later they can't even get one thigh in the dress (one they paid $5,$10K for).  She went on to add that she brought her dress used-- She also went on to say she is still married (I think she said 20plus years)--

I had to tell you all that because I say this all the time.  Hubby and I got married on a Wednesday night before Bible Study-- I got the ring a few months later and we went home to a HOUSE-- no wedding per say-- 15 years later we are just as MARRIED.

The last thing she said that jumped out at me-- she said the client says "this is the day I have been dreaming about since I was 6!"  Well you should have started saving when you were 6 then!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More about the Smith family story-

No comments:

Post a Comment