Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Paula Deen in my few words-- ...cause that is just the kind of Christian I am...

The Paula Deen drama- my opinion-- years ago I used to brag about her TESTIMONY and share it with friends who had fallen on hard times-- to think all she had overcome-- to think all she had become-- and to think just a few words snatched it all away-- she will REBUILD-- but it puts the words from Proverbs in a better light--

Proverbs 18:21

King James Version (KJV)
21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Am I judging her-- no-- I don't think so.  Do I think the use of the N word is right-- NOPE-- not by me, not by her, not by anyone else.  Do I support rappers that use it-- NOPE not knowingly, but I dont' support people or think it is right to CURSE either-- so that is "just the kind of Christian I am". 

Here is my take on my walk with Christ-- it is just that MY WALK & I do and have done enough wrong in my own lifetime to have to answer for-- and can't answer for anyone elses wrongs or rights!! So I don't think it is judgement-- it is looking at the facts and giving my opinion-- don't let my opinion become your fact-- make your opinions what you see and believe to be facts. 

Will I continue to support Paula Deen-- probably not-- did I jump quick and say she is OUT OF HERE_- I don't know if I jumped quick or if it was just my REACTION to the entire controversy.   You see I am a black person and have been for almost 40 years--(I know many of you didn't know that)--When I hear the Nword from anyone-- ANYONE!!  I can't stand it and I speak up to people who use it.  It makes my skin BOIL to hear it-- The word itself is meant to HURT, INTIMIDATE & cause PAIN. 

Another bible verse that comes to mind is Luke 12:48
 
But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
 
To all those on the Coupon Mama page that felt the need to take it personal and say all black people are this and that-- I will pray for you-- whether you want it or not-- cause that is just the kind of Christian I am....

No comments:

Post a Comment